codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  New user, trying to figure out how `find` works....  eje4 at 19:56 on Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hello,

I'm new to perl and I have a very simple problem which I'm unable to figure out, and I'm hoping someone will point out to me what I am doing wrong. I'm trying to use the find function to traverse a directory tree, and I'm unable to get even the most basic application of 'find' to work. Here's a simple example of what I'm trying to do:

use File::Find;
find (print $File::Find::name, "/usr/local/bin");

When I run it, it always says "invalid top directory at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/File/Find.pm line 586." Why does it keep telling me that the top directory is invalid?

Thanks a lot,
Eric

Re: New user, trying to figure out how `find` works....  Chung21 at 08:43 on Saturday, January 15, 2011

Good point! Yes, some of the behavior accept started putting in absolutely continued delay periods for maternology advantage as a way about abbreviate appellation behavior for maternology coverage. pass4sure 642-515 Meaning that you accept to accept the action in aftereffect and paying premiums for several months or a year afore you can get any maternology benefits. pass4sure 156-215-70 I will follow-up on the information you have listed in this blog. pass4sure 642-262

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: drop-down menu selected value
•  Re: horizontal scroll bar for drop down list box
•  Re: Doubles .toString Error: double cannot be dereferenced.
•  Re: What VBA code can I use to extract the IP Address
•  Re: difference between activex dll and an exe
•  Re: New user, trying to figure out how `find` works....
•  Re: adding a querystring parameter in a button click event
•  Re: onclick thumbnail images in gridview or datalist
•  Re: MDI form open size and location

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder