codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  How to associate a button in DataGrid button column with a javascript function (ASP.NET)???  ipsoftware at 07:45 on Sunday, January 16, 2005

Hi, for a normal button, I may associate it with a javascript funtion to execute in the code file behind (.aspx.cs) like Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick","myJavascriptFunction();" upon being clicked. what if the button is in a DataGrid button column, how can I do that? code is like: <asp:ButtonColumn Text="Restart" ButtonType="PushButton" CommandName="....">. is it possible to do the same thing like a normal button?

Thank u!!!

Re: How to associate a button in DataGrid button column with a javascript function (ASP.NET)???  ipsoftware at 09:11 on Sunday, January 16, 2005

just to restate my question to make it clearer;;;

for a normal button, I may associate it with a javascript funtion to execute first before the backend time-consuming function is called. In the code file behind (.aspx.cs) the code will be like Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick","myJavascriptFunction();" upon being clicked. what if the button is in a DataGrid button column, how can I do that?
is it possible to do the same thing like a normal button?

Thank u!!!

Re: How to associate a button in DataGrid button column with a javascript function (ASP.NET)???  ipsoftware at 14:54 on Sunday, January 16, 2005

I solved the problem, thank u

Re: How to associate a button in DataGrid button column with a javascript function (ASP.NET)???  tgreer at 04:07 on Monday, January 17, 2005

I assume you used the ItemDataBound event? If not, I'd like to know the technique you did use. Call me a collector.

Re: How to associate a button in DataGrid button column with a javascript function (ASP.NET)???  ipsoftware at 07:09 on Monday, January 17, 2005

exactly, I used ItemDataBound event

Re: How to associate a button in DataGrid button column with a javascript function (ASP.NET)???  seeyem at 17:17 on Monday, February 07, 2005

Can you send me the exact sample please?

to "seeyem@gmail.com"

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  variable scope problem
•  dynamic crystal report generation
•  execute an Excel macro when the sheet is changed from ASP.NET
•  Re: form
•  form
•  Re: Client-Side Progress Window
•  Re: Help: Trouble with z-Index and SELECT lists
•  Here ur answer ........Check it baby
•  MS Access connection in JSP

Recent Articles
Communicating with the Database (Using ADO)
MagicGrid
Simple Thumbnail Browsing Solution
Type Anywhere
A Better Moustrap: FmtDate to replace FormatDateTime
ASP.NET Forum Source Code
Internal Search Engine
Javascript Growing Window
Simple date validation
Search engine friendly URLs using ASP.NET (C#.NET)

Site Survey
Help us serve you better. Take a five minute survey. Click here!

© Copyright codetoad.com 2001-2005