codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  ASP Email System Source Code  Archive Import (Surojit Das) at 04:36 on Monday, April 21, 2003

I need the source code for creating an email system (like yahoo) using ASP which should include creating new users online. Can anyone help me finding some FREE resource on this.

Re: ASP Email System Source Code  Archive Import (sadaf) at 17:35 on Tuesday, July 01, 2003

need a source code

Re: ASP Email System Source Code  Archive Import (sadaf) at 13:00 on Thursday, July 10, 2003

need source code urgently

Re: ASP Email System Source Code  Troy Wolf at 17:28 on Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Sorry, but providing source code for a complete browser-based email client and server is a bit too much for a forum post. You are wanting a complete email system like Yahoo or Hotmail? Do you already have a mail server backend that you want to create a browser-based client to access it? (Writing a mail server is most likely not something you should attempt.)

IMail
http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/Imail_Server/

MailSite
http://www.rockliffe.com/products/emailserver.asp

Troy Wolf: site expert
Shiny Solutions

Re: ASP Email System Source Code  pashupati at 15:01 on Tuesday, June 22, 2004

i'm in need of emailserver code using asp in my project based on e-commerce(online reservation).The mailserver should be in that way that the customer can send and receive mail and their should be data connection so that the administrator know the mail of customer.

Re: ASP Email System Source Code  Troy Wolf at 18:19 on Wednesday, July 07, 2004

To the best of my knowledge, the best component for sending email from ASP is AspEmail.
http://www.aspemail.com/

This just gives you a component that lets you send emails. This won't let your webserver receive emails or provide mailboxes,etc -- it is not a full mail server application.

Is what you want similar to the "Mail" function here on Codetoad? Users can send mail to one another, and the messages are stored in a database -- an administrator could code any kind of access he/she wants.

This is done simply how you would guess -- you build a form for entering messages, when they are submitted you save them to your db and do whatever else you want -- notifications, send email via AspEmail, etc. You can also create a web page to allow recipients to read messages -- just like Codetoad has.
Shiny Solutions

Re: ASP Email System Source Code  sabuj01450 at 07:23 on Wednesday, July 21, 2004

i need code of email system

Re: ASP Email System Source Code  Troy Wolf at 22:57 on Wednesday, July 21, 2004

This forum is a place to ask technical questions. If you have a specific programming question, please ask it here, and we'll try to answer.

If you are looking for complete source code, you need to visit shareware/freeware/open source websites to see if you can find the program you want.
Shiny Solutions

Re: ASP Email System Source Code  joejoejoejoe at 01:40 on Thursday, July 22, 2004

hello, there is a site i goto and i want to register but it only allows your registration name to be 4 letters long or more, and i would like the name joe. i went to 'view source' and tried to change the code to allow it to accept a 3 letter name and saved it as an HTML then opened it but when i click on "register" it justs takes you to a blank page. what would the code be for the register button?

<input type="submit" class="frmButton" name="Submit" value="Register" onClick="return CheckForm();" />

i have the register url, just down know how to go about/inserting it wherever it should be.

joe

Re: ASP Email System Source Code  sabuj01450 at 08:34 on Thursday, August 05, 2004

I need same code for creating email system

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: ASP Email System Source Code
•  Learning VB(Looking for opinions)
•  How to open a .DOC file in MS-Word thru a link
•  Export database`s data into a CSV file in jspscript.....
•  Adding values to text field from popup - JavaScript
•  How to insert Javascript within Javascript ?
•  Event Close Browser botton
•  setting alphanumeric code
•  syntax error in insert statement .please help me solve it

Recent Articles
Simple Thumbnail Solution
Type Anywhere
A Better Moustrap: FmtDate to replace FormatDateTime
ASP.NET Forum Source Code
Internal Search Engine
Javascript Growing Window
Simple date validation
Search engine friendly URLs using ASP.NET (C#.NET)
Function to Return Alpha Characters Only
The OSI Reference Model - A Clear and Concise Illustration !

Site Survey
Help us serve you better. Take a five minute survey. Click here!

© Copyright codetoad.com 2001-2004