codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Can an xks file be opened in an html page without Excel?  wyatt at 22:06 on Thursday, August 20, 2009

Is there any way to have an xls file open up inside an html page just as a static table (I don't need it to have any functionality, it's merely for people to read) on a computer that does NOT have Excel on it? It's easy to include an xls file in html-- that's not the question-- I just want to know if there's a way to get around the need for the end user to have Excel installed.

The reason is that we have a lot of info that needs to be frequently updated and posted for review, and it's simply easier for our office manager to update and post Excel files. But those can only be viewed on computers with Excel, and a lot of people we deal with have minimally configured computers, and therefore can't open the files. So I'm just trying to find a way to make her life a little less stressful. Thnx-

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums
//

Recent Forum Threads
•  A free C#-Java conversion tool
•  A free C#-Java conversion tool
•  Open a word document by a chapter/mark
•  C++ Code for finding dominator tree...HELP>>>
•  Can an xks file be opened in an html page without Excel?
•  Re: NaN
•  Need help creating a Floating/follow menu
•  installing codes and compiler ..
•  Re: open excel file in html page

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject