codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Image coordinates as input into form  mobyme at 00:01 on Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hi everybody
I'm a newbie to these forums, so go easy if this post isn't up to your usual scratch. My problem is I have read at www3 that it is possible to use image coordinates as input into a form but don't truly understand it. They say:
"This allows you to specify an image field upon which you can click with a pointing device. The SRC and ALIGN attributes are exactly the same as for the IMG and IMAGE elements. The symbolic names for the x and y coordinates of the click event are specified with name.x and name.y for the name given with the NAME attribute. The VALUE attribute is ignored."
What I am trying to achieve is a user clicking on a map and somehow inserting a value into a form (say London, York etc) which will give me the users location and carrying this information forward to another form if the user decides to fill one in. Obviously the image areas would be pre-designated. My questions are, is this possible and if it is could somebody show me how?

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  How to go from a novice to a senior/Tech lead/architect etc in short span of time?
•  Java Speech API (JSR 113)
•  Re: Difference between
•  JSP - Pagination
•  Re: dynamic crystal report generation
•  auto generate id
•  OnClick radio button problem Options
•  Re: Jbutton events
•  Re: changing the image of the button

Recent Articles
Multiple submit buttons with form validation
Understanding Hibernate ORM for Java/J2EE
HTTP screen-scraping and caching