codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  frame title page problem  Archive Import (chambers) at 18:54 on Friday, June 06, 2003

im creating a website using horizontal frames but i`m having a problem with the page title.
i have a top frame with buttons, and these buttons open web pages in the main frame below the top frame. Instead of showing the page title of the main frame, it displays "untitled document".
please help as its really annoying me!!

thanx

lee

Re: frame title page problem  Archive Import (david) at 07:38 on Monday, June 16, 2003

when you use frames you can only have one page title for the whole site. It won`t change for different pages as it only displays the title of the frameset. To display the title you simply add the title tag to the top of the frameset

Re: frame title page problem  Archive Import (Lewis) at 16:30 on Wednesday, July 30, 2003

there is a way around this, where you can change the framset title to the title of the inner frame.

<script>
top.document.title = document.title
</script>

Re: frame title page problem  Archive Import (Lewis) at 16:32 on Wednesday, July 30, 2003

ps. the code goes in the main frame html file! (the inner one)

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  parent.Resize() in multi tabbed IE window
•  Re: How to Remove the URL`s from printouts
•  Re: 2 or more scripts
•  Re: query can we
•  Re: Disbale edit
•  Re: How to get all the properties values of an object
•  Re: Catalog
•  Re: DHTML drop down menu
•  Re: Where do I find source code on this site?

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile
Javascript Get Selected Text

© Copyright codetoad.com 2001-2010