codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  huffman encoding and decoding in C++...  s970032 at 08:40 on Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm very new to this Huffman concept and I was asked in my assignment to implement the following functions in my C++ program;

1. a function that reads a text message from a text file with a name entered by the user. It's also going to compute the frequency of each character used and display each character and its frequency.

2. a function that uses character frequencies above to generate Huffman code using priority queue and binary trees (STL data structures) and display binary code for each character.

3. a function that encodes the message read from the text file using Huffman code generated above and display the encoded message on screen.

4. a function that computes and displays the percentage of storage savings after data compression.

5. a function that decode the encoded message and displays the decoded message on screen.

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Javascript code please
•  Re: open excel file in html page
•  Help! Z-index problem with iframe and dropdown menu
•  Re: SQL Date
•  Bar chart not displayed mozilla but displayed in firefox while implemented dynamically in c#
•  issues with simplexml_load_string/SimpleXMLElement on PHP 5.1/Linux
•  Re: blank lines
•  Re: Help: Trouble with z-Index and SELECT lists
•  Need hosted_button_id value from PayPal generated code

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject