codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Can`t create web service project  BiranLimbu at 10:23 on Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Dear all,
i am having big problem.i am doing ASP.NET Web Matrix but now i want to develop aspx in visual studio .net but i am having big trouble when i create new project C# ASP.NET Web Application, In new Project window there is two Textbox "Name" and "Location" my problem is this Location Textbox is enable and its autometically writen "http://localhost/WebApplication1" but "Name" Textbox is visible so i can not input my onw project name. this is my first problem.
second problem is, when i click ok i mean continue ,
its display a Web Access Faild dialogbox, this dialogbax message is :
"The default web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the project folder at 'http://localhost/WebApplication1' cannot be opened with the path 'c:\Inetpub\wwwroot'. the error returned was:
Unable to create web project 'WebApplication'. The file path 'c:\Inetpub\wwwroot' does not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/webApplication1'. The two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 404:Not Found

What would you like to do?
Radio1: Retry using a different file share path
Radio2: Try to open the project with
frontpage server extension
Radio3: Work offline (this one is visible)
"
these are my problem.
please help i having this problem last 6 month.
nobody no giving me answer.

Biran Limbu

Re: Can`t create web service project  tgreer at 14:30 on Wednesday, November 17, 2004

When you create a new Visual C# Project ASP.NET Web Application, the "New Project" Dialog appears.

The lower half of the dialog contains a "Name:" field and a "Location:" field.

Only the "Location:" field can be edited. The Location corresponds to the URL where your new application will reside, and takes the form:

http://host/foldername

As you edit the Location, the value in the Name field will be automatically updated to match. Once the project is created, you can rename the project using the Solution Explorer window. Right-click the project name, and select "rename" from the context menu.

The second problem could be a number of things, including something as basic as not having IIS installed on the development machine. We'll have to carry on a conversation to resolve that problem. Please confirm that you have IIS installed, and that you can browse to it with the URL "http://localhost".

Re: Can`t create web service project  BiranLimbu at 02:01 on Thursday, November 18, 2004

Dear tgreer,
i am using windows 2003 enterprised edition and IIS 6.
i configure all necessary configuration. its no doubt. i ran also Aspnet_regiis -i
but problem is same.

thank you
BiranLimbu

Re: Can`t create web service project  tgreer at 02:28 on Thursday, November 18, 2004

Well, there is SOME doubt about the configuration, or you wouldn't be having a problem, right?

Did you give the local machine's "VS Developers" user the appropriate rights to the inetput/wwwroot folder?

Re: Can`t create web service project  BiranLimbu at 02:53 on Thursday, November 18, 2004

Dear tgreer,
Did you give the local machine's "VS Developers" user the appropriate rights to the inetput/wwwroot folder?
sorry can you give me litlebit steps.
thank you
Biran

Re: Can`t create web service project  tgreer at 14:02 on Thursday, November 18, 2004

1. Right click "wwwroot" folder, context (or "popup") menu appears

2. Click "properties" on context menu, a tabbed dialog appears

3. Click "security" tab, a list of Groups and users, and Permissions appears

4. Look for "VS Developers" group

IF there is no such group in the list, add it.

5. Grant all appropriate permissions, which is usually everthing except "full control".

Lastly, make sure, through "Settings | Control Panel | User Accounts", that whichever account you are using when you are logged in and using VS.NET, is part of that VS Developers group.

Re: Can`t create web service project  tgreer at 17:19 on Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Did this fix your problem? If so, let us know so this thread has some value to others. If not, let me know so we can continue to work out a solution.

Re: Can`t create web service project  MD at 16:07 on Thursday, November 25, 2004

Hy. I don't know if your problem is still on, but if so, the solution could be this:
1. Open IIS
2. Go to Web Site - Default Web Site
3. View Default Web Site properties (right click)
4. Go to HTTP Headers
5. Go to MIME Types
6. New (you will have to add a new type)
- extension: .tmp
- MIME type: temp
7. Restart IIS (probably will work without restarting it)
With this your problem should be solved.
If not you can try another move to step 3
Rather to add a MIME Type to the Default Web Site you can add a MIME Type directly to your WebApplication1. It should work.
This is my advice.

Best regards,
Marius Dumitru

Re: Can`t create web service project  BiranLimbu at 03:27 on Friday, November 26, 2004

Dear Marius Dumitru,
Thank you very much.
finaly its work, now i flying on VS studio web service or web application. it was 6 month mission is completed
thanks also tgreer,
thank you all.
BiranLimbu

Re: Can`t create web service project  marius at 14:20 on Friday, November 26, 2004

Glad I could help.
PS: My nick MD has change to marius

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: C++ Beginner question
•  Re: function within loop problem
•  moncler outlet
•  Re: Display swf file in pdf
•  Re: how to create forum using asp.net with c# language?
•  Discount coach store
•  Create Better Maps with Global Mapper
•  Re: How to display a message box when record is temporary stored in session/grid view
•  Sharing object in perl

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile
Javascript Get Selected Text