codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  needing an auto-populating form fields or drop down  Robby at 17:24 on Tuesday, June 08, 2010

I have a friend who owns a student book store and I helped set them up with a website that they could manage on their own. They have a form they use for people to fill in to reserve books for the semester but it's not a shopping cart (they don't want to sell online), it's just like a contact form where they can submit the reservation and the student has to supply the department, course and book name in the blank fields, they will need themselves.

Now the owner wants to add a self population form field or drop down, similar to these sites here: http://www.bkstr.com/CategoryDisplay/10001-9604-19904-1?demoKey=d and http://www.highlanderbookstore.com/buy_courselisting.asp?mscssid=F0AF905E9F544F8FBE26FF7EDD8148D8. I said I would research it and get back to them.

I found information on AJAX scripts and stuff but because I am not a developer or programmer, I don't really know what I am doing. I can build a simple website with html code and copy and paste scripts but those ajax scripts look way out of my league.

Is there some kind of a form builder or website build or even a shopping cart I can modify that would allow them to do something similar to any of those example sites I posted?

Thanks!
Robby

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  needing an auto-populating form fields or drop down
•  needing an auto-populating form fields or drop down
•  document.getElementByID and IE
•  Re: Print and print preview file on the website without using the File - Print on the IE
•  Re: How do i create somethign like this?:
•  Re: $_GET not working
•  Re: image and form fieild upload problem
•  Re: Testing if object exists in IE
•  Re: checkbox verification..headache!!

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile
Javascript Get Selected Text

© Copyright codetoad.com 2001-2010