codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  XML- Passing parameters are Latitude and Longitude.  sen at 07:35 on Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Your help needed

Kindly give me way to code following things.
I just want to pass the Longitude and Latitude data to a service provider. They in return supply back the data and also the map in XML. I need to strip the values and also show the map in correct place. How can this be done. your early response would be much appreciated.

Thanking you
Sen

Re: XML- Passing parameters are Latitude and Longitude.  tgreer at 15:14 on Thursday, January 13, 2005

Can you give some more details? Which parts of this problem have you already solved? Have you already found a web service provider, and just need help working with their response stream? Where are you in the process?

Re: XML- Passing parameters are Latitude and Longitude.  sen at 03:47 on Friday, January 14, 2005

Thanking you for the equiry.
The whole purpose of the job is to get a map of GB.For that, I pass Latitudes and Longitudes to a service provider who in return then sends back the XML. Here is the problem. This XML contains the URL which I again send back to the provider who in return gives the exact location of the region. This is for a GPS project. So far I succeeded in sending the latitude and Longitude. I also got a XML reply. Could you give me a code to parse the URL part of this this xml so that I will be in a position to send the Url to get the map.
<imageUrl type="gif" width="500" height="300">http://www.worldmap.com/clients/gif.cgi?&client=xyz&file=b6X2100Y700S100W500H300.gif&units=&lang=&cookie=2005011247596701121</imageUrl>
I also want to put the map at a particular position in the web page. What I did I send a HTTPRequest/Response. I got the XML in a vriable. I do not know how to parse it. Please help

Sen

Re: XML- Passing parameters are Latitude and Longitude.  tgreer at 04:05 on Friday, January 14, 2005

I understand now. What web programming language are you using?

It could be just as simple as setting the "src" attribute of your image tag to that url. Use CSS to position the img tag or its container element tag.

That URL you provided doesn't return an image, was it just a fake example?

Re: XML- Passing parameters are Latitude and Longitude.  sen at 04:27 on Monday, January 17, 2005

Thank you my dear friend, May god bless you

I am not allowed to give the password and client name to that url. So I gave you the important part of the url. It sure returns a map. I know and tried i got it. But the problem i am facing now is to parse the http part of the xml. Sorry my dear friend for the inconvenience i made to you. Could you give me a code so that i can strip the http part from the XML and put it in src. What i am facing now How can i avoid The "&" ampersand sign in the url. xmlReader.Replace("&","&"); but the where to use it. could give me the full code so that Final string containing the HTTP part can be put in SRC
ie SRC=HttpString

Tanking you in advance. Please spend some more of your valuable time in this matter. Please send it today itself if possible.

May god bless

Sen

Re: XML- Passing parameters are Latitude and Longitude.  tgreer at 14:47 on Monday, January 17, 2005

Could you use string functions to find the "http" part of the xml string?

The String type provides many methods, including "Substring", for finding strings within strings.

I think you NEED the ampersand in the URL, it is part of the querystring.

But perhaps not. Look at the "urldecode" and "urlencode" methods for working with urls.

Re: XML- Passing parameters are Latitude and Longitude.  kitty777 at 01:33 on Monday, August 15, 2005

Do you know how I can get in touch with David Bruce?

Thanks.

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  need help with quiz
•  Why Use Method?
•  Re: Help with filesystem object & displaying in a table
•  Re: Genetic Algorithm Help
•  Re: How to make an investment calculator
•  Re: line breaks in GUI
•  Re: Graph in Gui...
•  Graph in Gui...
•  Re: Counting zero values in a string

Recent Articles
Multiple submit buttons with form validation
Understanding Hibernate ORM for Java/J2EE
HTTP screen-scraping and caching
a javascript calculator
A simple way to JTable
Java Native Interface (JNI)
Parsing Dynamic Layouts
MagicGrid
Caching With ASP.Net
Creating CSS Buttons

Site Survey
Help us serve you better. Take a five minute survey. Click here!

© Copyright codetoad.com 2001-2005