codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  DHTML Popup Tooltip Script. How to add sound?  irw at 12:55 on Friday, June 09, 2006

Dear friends,

I am trying to write a script that adds sound to the DHTML Tooltip script presented at Text Link/Image Map Tooltip Script.

I tried to mix Text Link/Image Map Tooltip Script and JavaScript Sound Effect scripts, but the result was only partial.

My intent is to make the sound loop while the mouse is over the link. But this is not working correctly, because the sound does not stop when the mouse is taken out over the link. To overcome the problem I had to set the number of times the sound plays.

Another problem is that the script runs reporting error.

Although I am a beginner, I could evaluate that the mentioned scripts are elegant and present very good results, for this reason I am trying to mix them.

I have prepared a script prototype to be tested. It can be accessed at the link Tooltip Popup with Sound

I would be very grateful if someone could help me solve this problem.

I wish health and peace to you all.

Ivo Ricardo Wanderley
Rio, RJ - Brazil

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: Display swf file in pdf
•  A-Line Wedding Dresses
•  Re: how to create forum using asp.net with c# language?
•  Discount coach store
•  External hard drive recovery tips
•  Create Better Maps with Global Mapper
•  Re: How to display a message box when record is temporary stored in session/grid view
•  Sharing object in perl
•  Re: C++ Beginner question

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile