codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  dhtml menu tree help :(  insite7 at 20:00 on Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I'm new with DHTML & I've created a dhtml menu tree for a site I'm designing. anyway, I had this code and do not

remember which site I pulled it from but I can't seem to make it work properly. The menu is supposed to expand when you click on the button or the [+] sign. then when it expands it displays the [-] sign then whne you click it again it should close and display the [+] sign again. Also if you click a differnt button to expand once one is expanded it should close the previous expanded menu and place a [+] next to it.

The problem is when a menu is expanded and you click to expand the second menu [+] it closes the top expanded menu (which it should) but it's supposed to put the [+] next to the menu that closes. what it does is it puts either the [-] next to it or the image comes up broken.

I think it's something in my javascript code & I need help. I've been at this for too long. someone please help.

http://www.insite.cc/hdp/nd/help.php
thanks...

Re: dhtml menu tree help :(  Troy Wolf at 03:20 on Wednesday, October 06, 2004

In your _menuflow_org.js include file, take a look at the function expandNew(). Near the top of this function it has a comment:

//only expand one row at a time
//**************************************************//loop through plus/minus images, change all to true

The code immediately below this is probably where you need to focus your attention.
Troy Wolf: site expert
SnippetEdit Website Editor

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: C++ Beginner question
•  Re: function within loop problem
•  moncler outlet
•  Re: Display swf file in pdf
•  Re: how to create forum using asp.net with c# language?
•  Discount coach store
•  Create Better Maps with Global Mapper
•  Re: How to display a message box when record is temporary stored in session/grid view
•  Sharing object in perl

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile
Javascript Get Selected Text