codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  asp-iis Server Application Error  eshwar_gp at 05:59 on Thursday, February 09, 2006

Hi All:

Recently i uploaded an asp file into my server. It is not working. giving error like

Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

In my event log

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/site'. The error was 'The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.
'.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Please somebody check and help me fast. :-(

Itz very very urgent for me.

eshwar_gp

Re: asp-iis Server Application Error  eshwar_gp at 05:05 on Friday, February 10, 2006

Hi All:

I solved it myself.

Solution:
--------

for iis - virtual dirctory folder properties, make application protection as medium to low.

thanks,
eshwar_gp

Re: asp-iis Server Application Error  Sveta_golod at 21:16 on Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I have a very similar problem, and i can't solve it... :(

when i try to run ASP files i get an error:

Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

in the event log:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36
Date: 16/02/2006
Time: 00:08:57
User: N/A
Description:
The server failed to load application ''. The error was 'The specified metadata was not found.
'.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

what does it meen all of it??
Please HELP me! I have no idea what to do with it!

thank you

Sveta

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  C++ and Passwording Files
•  Disabling/enabling the textbox of EditCommandColumn based on value
•  Re: Character Arrays
•  Subject: regarding making a setup using Package and Deployment Wizard
•  java script
•  Re: how to extract applet class ?