codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  datagrid  luca90 at 19:12 on Sunday, August 31, 2003

... help me, i need a datagrid with search box... in ASP not .net.
Tks.

Re: Displaying Recordsets in ASP  Troy Wolf at 19:28 on Sunday, August 31, 2003

Well, this is quite a question, luca90. The detail of the answer depends on how familiar you are with ASP, VBScript, and SQL right now. Please reply back to let me know which of the following features you need and any other details you can think of.

o Read records from a database
o Pagination (Do you need to work with page of say 10 records at a time from a list of 1000 and give user ability to page back and forth?)
o Allow user to click columns to indicate sort order
o Select records based on search text criteria

You may learn most of what you need from this online tutorial. It gets straight to the point with complete code examples.
http://www.stardeveloper.com:8080/articles/display.html?article=2000071001&page=1

http://www.ShinySolutions.com
Web Hosting, Website Development, Database Applications
Troy Wolf: site expert
Shiny Solutions

Re: datagrid  luca90 at 09:43 on Monday, September 01, 2003

very tks for reply but:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the www.stardeveloper.com:8080 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the www.stardeveloper.com:8080 home page.
10060 - Connection timeout
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: datagrid  Jeff Anderson at 11:19 on Monday, September 01, 2003

Luca - it seems to work to me and looks like a good article too!

Re: datagrid  Troy Wolf at 14:03 on Monday, September 01, 2003

luca90, I too re-tested the link, and it is working fine. But, I did notice the website is hosted on a non-default HTTP port (8080 instead of 80). It could be that you are behind a very restrictive firewall that only allows outbound HTTP requests on port 80? 8080 is the second most popular port for HTTP so most firewall admins would allow this traffic.

If you can't get to that website, just search the Internet for "ASP recordset" or "ASP pagination". You'll find examples to do what you want. I'd reply here with code, but to answer your question without more details would require me to write a complete tutorial in this forum! People have already written good tutorials out there---so I'm trying to point you to them instead.

Here is another website that provides code examples for displaying database data in a table format and allowing pagination, searching, sorting. Click the "View the ASP code!" link.
http://www.asp101.com/samples/db_paging.asp?page=
Troy Wolf: site expert
Shiny Solutions

Re: datagrid  luca90 at 14:13 on Monday, September 01, 2003

tks, very tks.
I have i gift for you, i have found this script for your and my experience! you like this?
By from Italian Newbie.
Luca

http://www.Planet-Source-Code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=7079&lngWId=4

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Multiple rows from form into XML?
•  Dhtml menu, submenu losing focus. I`m so close!
•  Re: CLICK ON ROW AND CHECK The CHECKBOX
•  Packaging of applet & resources
•  Facing problems with nested menus
•  complicate JavaScript function
•  Deleting from database (ms. Access)
•  Re: How to open a MS Word document from Javascript
•  Re: HELP WITH STRINGS :(

Recent Articles
Communicating with the Database (Using ADO)
MagicGrid
Simple Thumbnail Browsing Solution
Type Anywhere
A Better Moustrap: FmtDate to replace FormatDateTime
ASP.NET Forum Source Code
Internal Search Engine
Javascript Growing Window
Simple date validation
Search engine friendly URLs using ASP.NET (C#.NET)

Site Survey
Help us serve you better. Take a five minute survey. Click here!

© Copyright codetoad.com 2001-2005