codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  music download problem  bsz1955 at 18:15 on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hi,

My son plays in a band and they have recorded two songs, one of which is currently being played on the radio. The band has a website and also a Facebook page. Fans of the band have been requesting how to get a copy of the song they are hearing on the radio. The band would like to make the song available for download on their website but in return would like to have users post a share link on their Facebook page as a condition for this free download.

Is it possible to add a pop-up window (that will appear when the user clicks the download button) informing the user that as a condition of this free download, a share link will be posted to their facebook page? If they select OK the Javascript code will then post the link and begin the download. If they select CANCEL they are returned to the download page and nothing happens (perhaps a message can be displayed at this point informing them of their choice).

I have done a fair amount of javascript programming and the only problem I am having with this is the posting of the link to the user's facebook page. If anyone can provide some insight I would be most grateful.

BZ

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: drop-down menu selected value
•  Re: Holiday Girls Dresses
•  Re: Save up to 80% on SSL Certificates, RapidSSL Certificate @ $ 11.00/yr.
•  Re: html form
•  Search Analytics: What? Why? How?
•  Prom Dresses
•  Prom Dresses
•  music download problem
•  Re: Lucene Revolution --Training Classes

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists