codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Vertical and Horizontal Image Scroller  Moshe at 10:23 on Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hi,

I am a fairly new javascript programmer. I am required to develop an image scroller that can scroll horizontally or vertically at the click of a button.

This requires that images not in the display area(800px by 800px) be preloaded and viewd only when the scrolling occurs.

I found a site that solves half the problem(scrolling) my trouble is getting a clipping mask to hide unnecessary visual content
and
figuring out the mathematics to preload images dynamically based on whats being viewed at the moment, like google maps.

Any help with this matter is highly appreciated as Java is a beautiful language but it can make one curse.

Re: Vertical and Horizontal Image Scroller  Elain at 08:19 on Thursday, November 04, 2010

Hi,

You may Google "web scroller" or "image scroller". There are some ready-to-use scripts of programs.

=============================
Flash Banner | Logo Maker | Flash Menu

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Help me please
•  Re: Vertical and Horizontal Image Scroller
•  Re: FREE dating software worth over $350 for free
•  Re: How can i have different colors on a table that uses data from a database?
•  Re: How do i create somethign like this?:
•  Re: Downloading a file using http
•  Pull data from excel and display in Html page
•  Re: checkbox verification..headache!!
•  Re: button software

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile
Javascript Get Selected Text