codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Can javascript preload swf files?  jayaramgussy at 13:48 on Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hi everyone!
I am having problems with a page that I have made..

This is my problem:

I have more than 5 flsah movies. I need to preload Flash movies when the main page loads, so that these flash movies will run smoothly without delay later on into the website. But I don't want to have a "flashLoader" I would be comfortable to use Javascript.

I really need to be able to control or confirm the loading through javascript (like pre-loading images) rather than through a pre-loader within the flash file.

I tried with the following Scripts But Its not Preloading flash (swf) files.

<script type="text/javascript">
function preloadFlash() {
myFlash01 = new Image();
myFlash01.src ="/media/movie1.swf";
myFlash02 = new Image();
myFlash02.src ="/media/movie2.swf";
myFlash03 = new Image();
myFlash03.src ="/media/movie3.swf";

}
</script>

<body onLoad="preloadFlash()">

Re: Can javascript preload swf files?  leevine at 22:16 on Thursday, July 02, 2009

Hi

You posted a thread (below) in 2007 but I see no answers. I would like to know if you found an answer to this as I also have a similar problem. I want my swf clips to open up immediately when the html page is selected. My site is not flash but its html with flash segments. Can you help?

Cheers

Lee

Your question
Hi everyone!
I am having problems with a page that I have made..

This is my problem:

I have more than 5 flsah movies. I need to preload Flash movies when the main page loads, so that these flash movies will run smoothly without delay later on into the website. But I don't want to have a "flashLoader" I would be comfortable to use Javascript.

I really need to be able to control or confirm the loading through javascript (like pre-loading images) rather than through a pre-loader within the flash file.

I tried with the following Scripts But Its not Preloading flash (swf) files.

<script type="text/javascript">
function preloadFlash() {
myFlash01 = new Image();
myFlash01.src ="/media/movie1.swf";
myFlash02 = new Image();
myFlash02.src ="/media/movie2.swf";
myFlash03 = new Image();
myFlash03.src ="/media/movie3.swf";

}
</script>

<body onLoad="preloadFlash()">

Re: Can javascript preload swf files?  electric at 04:44 on Friday, July 03, 2009

Hey,

I would think in my case(as a newbie to javascript)you can use a flash preloader,i wont be able to help with a javascript script, but i can say switch from javascript to asp! Thats just my opinion, but asp scripts are also widely available on the net, so just google 'asp flash pre-loader script'

Regards

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  China Cheap Shoes Store Sale Cheap Air Jordans Shoes, Cheap Jordans, Cheap Nike Shoes & Nike Sneakers
•  "The best Method Along with Golf suggestions
•  What is the important of coding standard?
•  How to use two sorting methods for a product list?
•  www.Echeapjackets4moncler.com
•  What is the important of PHP include file?
•  What is JAVA socket?
•  What is the important of AJAX tools?
•  Documentation Script (fixed)

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder