codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Documentation Script (fixed)  ctlw83 at 14:48 on Friday, June 08, 2012

Sorry for the duplicate posts, I got a SQL error when posting the last two times. I think the system logged me out while I was typing the original question.

Hello All,

I work for a customer service department. Recently, there has been some talk about consistency of internal documentation in regard to phone cases. The problem is, some people are better at talking and typing than others and so, some document what was said/done more than others.

What I would like to do is create a document using HTML and Javascript to have buttons for some of the more common issues that will automatically enter text into a text box for copying and pasting. I would also like to group the individual responses into categories and be able to have the generated text appended so that multiple issues could be covered in a single copy/paste.

For example, lets say a person needs their account unlocked. There would be a button for account unlocks under a heading for account management that would generate text stating "User account was locked, unlocked account, educated user on account locks."

Lets say the customer then has an error of some kind, say Error 13 (I'm picking a random name here). Then there would also be a category for errors and a button for error 13 that would generate the text "User encountered Error 13, advised to change IE settings to allow javascript" and append that text to the original giving a texbox display of:

User account was locked, unlocked account, educated user on account locks.
User encountered Error 13, advised to change IE settings to allow javascript

Then there would be a button to automatically copy the text in the textbox and another button to clear the box for the next case.

I have seen this done before but, am not too familiar with DHTML overall. I have modified scripts in the past but, am not so good at formulating them myself.

Any tutorials you could point me to that cover these specific kinds of operations would be greatly appreciated. I don't expect anyone to do it for me, I am just having some difficulties finding the specific kind of information I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: Date validation
•  Moncler Outlet For Sale Cheap Moncler Jackets & Cheap Moncler Coats & Moncler Vests
•  Wholesale Cheap Gucci Shoes Gucci Sneakers Gucci Handbags Gucci Backpack
•  Re: Why Use Method?
•  Re: doubt in asp.net
•  Re: calling C# from javascript
•  China Cheap Shoes Store Sale Cheap Air Jordans Shoes, Cheap Jordans, Cheap Nike Shoes & Nike Sneakers
•  "The best Method Along with Golf suggestions
•  What is the important of coding standard?

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile
Javascript Get Selected Text

© Copyright codetoad.com 2001-2012