codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Dynamic JavaScript Endeavor  influxer at 20:42 on Sunday, June 12, 2005

Hey all,

I am in the process of making a website for my school to host blogs. I am almost done, and I am working on the last section of the website that handles the visual aspect of every page (background color, text color, border colors, etc.)

I want to make a dynamic layer on the page that shows the users a preview of what their page will look like, so when they choose a certain color for the background, it will automatically change it in the preview on the same page. Or when they change the text color, the text in the preview will change accordingly.

Since I am fairly new to DHTML/JavaScript but know I am capable of doing this, where exactly should I look to research this? Any particular websites that I should look at? What is the formal term/phrase of what I am looking to do (DHTML/JavaScript Dynamic Layer?)?

Thanks in advance!
-influxer

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: C++ Beginner question
•  Re: function within loop problem
•  moncler outlet
•  Re: Display swf file in pdf
•  Re: how to create forum using asp.net with c# language?
•  Discount coach store
•  Create Better Maps with Global Mapper
•  Re: How to display a message box when record is temporary stored in session/grid view
•  Sharing object in perl

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile
Javascript Get Selected Text