codetoad.com
Home||ASP|ASP.Net|C++/C#|DHTML|HTML|Java|Javascript|Perl|VB|XML||CodeToadPlus!||Forums||RAM
Search Site:
PHP Session Management and Password Protection Class Troy Wolf at 17:17 on Wednesday, June 22, 2005

http://www.troywolf.com/articles

Hello, fellow CoadToaders.

I've written what I think is a high-quality PHP class for session management and password protection. It can be used to perform 2 major functions:

1. Create and maintain session state between page hits. The class does this using simple session cache files into which the session is stored as a serialized array. This is similar to how PHP's built-in sessions store session data. One big advantage of this class is that you have full control over the session timeout.

2. Password protect PHP pages by requiring authentication. Simply pass in "true" when creating a new session object to use this functionality. You'll also need to create your own login.php script. A sample login.php is packaged with this class.

Most current information and documentation and downloads found at
http://www.troywolf.com/articles/php/class_session.

We can use this forum to discuss the class or the article. I look forward to your comments, and hope you find the class as useful as I have.
Troy Wolf: site expert
SnippetEdit Website Editor

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
matrix addition
Re: Storing data from HTML to Excel or TXT
Re: function within loop problem
Re: Ô‡´ò¥¯¥é¥Ö¤Ï ¥Æ©`¥é©`¥á¥¤¥É£ò£±£±¥¢¥¤¥¢¥ó ¤Î£··¬ ¤Ç¤¹
Re: Replace
Re: タイトリスト AP2アイアン 712�情�