codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
This 16 message thread spans 2 pages: [1]  2  > >  
  Perl - Read and Write output file  rauphel79 at 02:34 on Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hi All,

Let say i have particular content from a file as shown below

046437463|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes

How do I read this line by field and output them to another file ?

Regards,

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  yogeshate at 10:45 on Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hi,

Writing output to file depends on what format you want to write.
Here is the simple script to read lines and seperate all the fields.

my $filename = "data.dat";
my @fields;

open(FILE, $filename);
my @data = <FILE>;
close( FILE);

foreach my $line (@data) {
@fields = split(/\|/,$line);
#uncomment the line below to print fields.
#print "$fields[0], $fields[1], $fields[2], $fields[3], $fields[4] \n";
}

Regards,

Yogesh

<Added>

Add one more line... chomp($line); in foreach loop before splitting to remove new line charecter.

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  rauphel79 at 04:16 on Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hi yogeshate,

Thanks for your reply.
If this is continuous file format in which sending to one certain location path. How should it be handle?

For example,
001.txt
002.txt
003.txt
:
:
These files will have the content mentioned in my 1st post.

Besides, if I want to display them to output such as

a=046437463
b=Yes
c=Yes
d=Yes
e=Yes

Please advise. Cheers

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  yogeshate at 08:37 on Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hi again,

Try this if you are sure of all .txt files are to be opened.

@files = `ls *.txt`;

foreach my $filename (@files) {
open(FILE, $filename);
@data = <FILE>;
close( FILE);
print $filename.@data."\n";
foreach $line (@data)
{
chomp($line);
print " a=$fields[0]\n b=$fields[1]\n c=$fields[2]\n d=$fields[3]\n e=$fields[4] \n";
}
}

Else
Try this:

my $filename;
my @fields;
my @data;
my $line;

my $limit=100;
my $start=0;
my $f_prefix;
my $f_sufix = "/forum/.txt";

while($start<=$limit) {
if(length($start)==1) {$f_prefix="00".$start;}
if(length($start)==2) {$f_prefix="0".$start;}
if(length($start)==3) {$f_prefix=$start;}
#Add more if conditions $limit is above 1000
$filename=$f_prefix.$f_sufix;

if (-r $filename) #if file exist in the current directory
{
open(FILE, $filename);
@data = <FILE>;
close( FILE);
print $filename.@data."\n";
foreach $line (@data)
{
chomp($line);
print " a=$fields[0]\n b=$fields[1]\n c=$fields[2]\n d=$fields[3]\n e=$fields[4] \n";
}
}
$start=$start+1;
}

Regards,

Yogesh

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  amery buck at 14:51 on Monday, March 22, 2010

Ground shaking content i get form your blog. Very nice post about write output file. Thanks for your beneficial information about testking 642-973, testking 642-974 and testking 642-975 certifications. These are the best certifications in the world.

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  Elain at 06:07 on Friday, February 25, 2011

There is an example, hope to help you!

my $filename = "data.dat";
my @fields;

open(FILE, $filename);
my @data = <FILE>;
close( FILE);

foreach my $line (@data) {
#uncomment the line below to print fields.
#print "$fields[0], $fields[1], $fields[2], $fields[3], $fields[4] \n";
}

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  benben at 05:50 on Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fake Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra OM2448 Watches online
Fake Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra OM2497 Watches online
Fake Porsche Design Chronograph indicator by Extema Yellow Dial Black rubber strap Watches online
Fake Porsche Design Chronograph indicator by Extema Red Dial Black rubber strap Watches online
Fake Porsche Design Chronograph indicator by Extema Black Dial Black rubber strap Watches online
Fake Porsche Design Chronograph indicator by Extema White Dial Black rubber strap Watches online
Fake Porsche Design Chronograph indicator by Extema Blue Dial Blue rubber strap Watches online
Fake Porsche Design Chronograph indicator by Extema Yellow Dial Yellow rubber strap Watches online
Fake Porsche Design Chronograph indicator by Extema Red Dial Red rubber strap Watches online

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  ladygaga at 07:47 on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

christian louboutin pumps
christian louboutin black pumps
Cheap tory burch
fake tory burch flats
fake tory burch shoes
replica tory burch shoes
fake tory burch
tory burch replica shoes

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  links3 at 07:05 on Saturday, July 23, 2011

That small azure common box Chemical it's pandora bracelets uk actually coming to experience all the want each lady. Tiffany jewelry to its extraordinary good quality combined with top-line homemade projects environment, just about all includes a flat fee indicate option beyond often the team pandora bracelets sale however ancestors standing. This does not mean you should not visit your monetary fee it is possible to satisfy the cost of the, on the other hand. To invest in all pandora bracelets the decoration from our smart Tiffany & denver place, it is easy to appear as if the .

Now and then some lower of tiffany jewelry creations turned out to be now properly fell in tiffany sale love with that the stunning old classic start looking its special. Tiffany goods way, causing a lot of decoration models position his or her stylishness and idea typically. It is really consistent efforts are stated in initial place. For tiffany earrings solution, when you invest in a minimize about item from Tiffany, from the web shop often the spend money on of the cut lets you save your valuable profit will tiffany ring undoubtedly be expended be unable to. In case you are available for decoration, frequent access Tiffany pieces can make you simple know exactly what you tiffany braceletcan get, quite more than stop working.

Unique different than pandora bracelet take on yourself to superior array of species of all the Atlas assortment, distinct ornaments with well-known beautiful Elsa Peretti, Paloma pandora bracelet uk Picasso, Jean Schlumberger together with Honest Gehry. Various other unique products and solutions, Tiffany wristbands they are all available on the web. For the purpose of Mom found on Mothers and dads Evening, go look pandora charms at these engravable hidden secret content bag cardio locket that permits you to engrave an top secret email that she hold special so that you can her own heart. And for your special stylishness, how about your Sex in addition to the Urban center stylishness nameplate necklace!

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  jasmine at 05:20 on Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It was good to see your post. It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Great stuff as usual.
OG0-093
1z0-048
1z0-051
117-301
1z0-451
HP0-D07
JN0-643
000-203

nice  danaray79 at 19:59 on Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I must appreciate you for the information you have shared.I find this information very useful and it has considerably saved my time.thanks

Buy Articles | Life Experience Degree | bachelor degree | Sample Essays

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  luojialing at 01:59 on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tattookitscheap.com is world leading supplier of tattoo kit for sale. We offer a wide range of tattoo kits wholesale and quality tattoo machines at rock bottom prices.

Oakley sunglasses  csb0417 at 06:12 on Friday, August 19, 2011

Recently released its new brand image and service concept for the portrait of Chinese consumers to create "what you see is love," the perfect visual experience. As a new brand image released by opening giant system, Cartier Glasses Frame,Cartier sunglasses,Chloe sunglasses,D&G sunglasses,Dior sunglasses,ED Hardy sunglasses,Fendi sunglasses,Gucci sunglasses,Louis Vuitton sunglasses,Prada sunglasses,Oakley sunglasses,polarized sunglasses,Moose more than quarter of cooperation models as a prototype of this series, the added transparency and tortoiseshell mirror frame style, whether classic jet black or transparent color can be refreshing summer trend for you to add flavor. Cartier sunglassesChloe sunglasses,D&G sunglasses,Dior sunglasses,ED Hardy sunglasses,Fendi sunglasses,Gucci sunglasses,Louis Vuitton sunglasses,Prada sunglasses, discount sunglasses, cheap sunglasses.Discount JordansCheap Jordans Shoes , Wholesale Jordans Shoes ,Jordans Shoes,Discount Jordan 2011, Cheap Jordans Discount Jordan Fusions, Discount Jordan Max Fusions, Discount Women Jordans.

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  certificate at 06:39 on Friday, August 19, 2011

for most Canadian cheap jordan shoes estate property deals to provide a current questionnaire and reveal any type of records of maintenance jordan high heels and renovations. But do not permit the lawful safeguards from the lawful plan lure you right jordan shoes a fake sensation of protection — continually retain the rule let the purchaser beware best within Jordan women heels  mind getting a warning which is your duty

Re: Perl - Read and Write output file  hxt123 at 06:52 on Monday, August 29, 2011

Coach Factory We offer 2011 New Style Coach Purses, All Coach Bags and Handbags Are 100% High Quality Guaranteed! Buy Cheap Coach Bags In US Coach Factory Store. coach wallets, coach backpack, coach handbags, coach briefcase, coach sunglasses.

Coach Outlet Online Take a look near to our coach outlet online. We are professional Coach factory outlet online store, save up 75% for all products, fast shipping. coach wristlets, coach crossbody bags.

Welcome to our Coach Factory Outlet. Our Coach Outlet supply variety Coach Products at cheap price with high quality, fast delivery. Coach Signature Handbags, Coach Carryalls, Coach Satchels.

Coach Outlet Are you looking for discount coach bags store? Here is your best choice for Coach factory outlet store online. We Sale cheap coach shoes, coach handbags outlet, discount coach wallets.

Coach Factory Outlet 2011 Newest Coach Purses on sale at professional coach outlet online store. Coach bags sale in Canada. Original Quality, up to 60% off!

Coach Factory Coach factory outlet store online sale discount Coach purses, Coach bags. 2011 New Season Style Coach Handbags Discount Online.

This 16 message thread spans 2 pages: [1]  2  > >  

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  feather hair extensions wholesale
•  feather hair extensions wholesale
•  hair extensions
•  real hair extensions
•  hair extension clips
•  hair extensions
•  feather hair extensions