codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Converting VC++6 to VC++8, Wrong Library Files  dkennington at 15:39 on Thursday, July 13, 2006

I need to edit a program. The program was made with VC++6.

All I have is VC++8, aka 2005.

When I run the program to edit it, it gives me, do you want to convert, which I have to say yes. Then when I try to compile the program I get the error. Cannot open mfc42d.lib.

After much forum browsing I found out that this file is for VC++6. The files I have are mfc80d.lib.

So I either need to get the program to use the newer files, or I need to get the older files somehow, which isn't going to be possible unless someone were to send them to me. Which I'm guessing is probably illegal.

So basically, How do I tell my program to use the newer files?

Thank You,
Dave

Re: Converting VC++6 to VC++8, Wrong Library Files  dkennington at 19:10 on Thursday, July 13, 2006

Also, I would like to post what I've tried.

1) I've tried messing with my linker settings, But I have no clue what I'm doing. Heres screens of all the settings if someone wouldn't mine taking a look. http://www.davekennington.com/help.html

2) I've tried creating a new project using exsisting code. But when I try to compile this I get a new error!
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windrvr.h'

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums
//

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: Problem with concatenation
•  how to genrates the crystal report by sending a id at runtime
•  help me
•  pls help me with this..
•  Re: Security - Code verify
•  Job @ EarlySail