codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  project works fine on my computer but not on server  me1258 at 01:56 on Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I am using ASP.NET 1.1
I am new to ASP and I am having problems getting my simple test page running
I created an normal ASP.NET project in VB.NET 1.1
Its just a page with the a lbl on it and "hi this is aspTest3" on the lbl.
no buttons no db nothing and only the one page.
I save is and run it and it runs just fine on my local machine.
I then cut an paste the whole project including the bin file to my 1and1 account(commerical hosting service and yes they do support vb.net 1.1) and I hit the page and it does not work
If I go there through the FTP site and click on the page it comes up fine but if i try and type in the web address I get this error.

Do I have to do something to the project before it will work
If I upload a regular HTML page here it works just fine

Server Error in '/ASP1' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directory 'e:\kunden\homepages\28\d155136641\asp1\asp1' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Directory 'e:\kunden\homepages\28\d155136641\asp1\asp1' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80070002): Directory 'e:\kunden\homepages\28\d155136641\asp1\asp1' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.]
System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.FindDirectoryMonitor(String dir, Boolean addIfNotFound, Boolean throwOnError) +527
System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.StartMonitoringPath(String alias, FileChangeEventHandler callback) +477
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency.Init(Boolean isPublic, Boolean isSensitive, String[] filenamesArg, String[] cachekeysArg, CacheDependency dependency, DateTime utcStart) +1535
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(Boolean isSensitive, String[] filenames, DateTime utcStart) +50
System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.GetCacheDependencies(Hashtable cachedeps, DateTime utcStart) +151
System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.ComposeConfig(String reqPath, IHttpMapPath configmap) +760
System.Web.HttpContext.GetCompleteConfigRecord(String reqpath, IHttpMapPath configmap) +434
System.Web.HttpContext.GetCompleteConfig() +49
System.Web.HttpContext.GetConfig(String name) +195
System.Web.CustomErrors.GetSettings(HttpContext context, Boolean canThrow) +20
System.Web.HttpResponse.ReportRuntimeError(Exception e, Boolean canThrow) +39
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FinishRequest(HttpWorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context, Exception e) +486

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Re: project works fine on my computer but not on server  me1258 at 13:05 on Saturday, April 01, 2006

I have not gotten any replies yet on this post.
Does anyone know where a good tutorial is to learn how to get even a simple project working on a commerical server. I have several posts out at other forums and I have gotten little to no reply. I do not know if this is just to simple of a question or what but I need to learn how to deploy a project on to a commerical server such as www.1and1.com and I have had no success in finding a tutorial or instructions on how to do that. If anyone could send me a link to a site taht would tell me how to do accomplish this task in detail I would appreciate it.

Re: project works fine on my computer but not on server  me1258 at 22:22 on Monday, April 03, 2006

Now after changing a few things I see this error.
Any Ideas??

Server Error in '/index.html' Application.

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'asp3.WebForm1'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="asp3.WebForm1"%>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: e:\kunden\homepages\28\d155136641\asp1\webform1.aspx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Re: project works fine on my computer but not on server  nbp at 10:22 on Wednesday, May 10, 2006

hi me1258,

i am having exactly the same issue using .net 2.0.

within vs2005 i am able to see the page successfully by pressing F5. However, when i copy the default.aspx and web.config the to root directory and the dll to the root\bin directory i get exactly the same error.

i have invested a large amount of hours trying to resolve this issue.

Re: project works fine on my computer but not on server  JBelthoff at 15:39 on Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Hi Folks,

To me this sounds like you are not copying all of the files needed to run your applications to your remote servers.

It could also be that you are copying them to the correct folders when you upload.

Seeing the error: "Could not load type" is saying that you did not upload your dll file to the correct /bin directory or you uploaded your aspx file and did not update your dll.

Each time you do an update to a page, you must also recompile and upload the asciciated dll or else it will not work.

I hope this helps.

JB

<Added>

Opps it should read: It could also be that you NOT are copying them to the correct folders when you upload.

Sorry

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums
//

Recent Forum Threads
•  Date script issues
•  perl script help needed
•  onChange issue
•  perl remote execution
•  Chat application
•  How to send multiple perameters in SOAP request.
•  Java code for Insert picture on the table in spreadsheet
•  Re: Problem with concatenation
•  how to genrates the crystal report by sending a id at runtime

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder