codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Can`t Publish a VB.Net project  timescale at 23:45 on Friday, December 10, 2004

I am trying to copy (publish) a project to a Microsoft Web Server and I get the error message:
The user name or password you entered is incorrect, or you do not have authorization to peform the operation.
followed by
You are not authorizated to perform the current operation

I have made various changes to the server Web site setup and have no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is missing here?

Re: Can`t Publish a VB.Net project  tgreer at 03:56 on Saturday, December 11, 2004

How are you moving the project?

Re: Can`t Publish a VB.Net project  timescale at 15:20 on Monday, December 13, 2004

Using Microsoft Visual Basic.Net when Project is selected the copy icon is available on the Solution Explorer. I use that copy option. I have used this Copy method before successfully on other Web sites. I don't know what the problem with this Web site copy is.

Re: Can`t Publish a VB.Net project  tgreer at 15:31 on Monday, December 13, 2004

Your account... the one that you use to log into your developoment machine, needs permissions on the web server. Have you confirmed that you have permissions to the server?

Re: Can`t Publish a VB.Net project  timescale at 15:43 on Monday, December 13, 2004

On the Web Server I am copying the site files to I do not have an account. I provide the login for another account on the receiving computer when prompted during the copy process. That account has Computer Administrator privilege.
Should I add an account to the receiving (Web Server) computer with the same network logon account?

Re: Can`t Publish a VB.Net project  tgreer at 15:47 on Monday, December 13, 2004

Try it outside of Visual Studio.

If you have an account on the Web Server, and have priviliges to IIS, just create a new virtual directory in IIS. Then you can simply drag and drop your project. That will test to see if you have proper rights to the Web Server.

Re: Can`t Publish a VB.Net project  timescale at 17:35 on Monday, December 13, 2004

I copied the files to the Web Server. The site can be accessed. It can't find the images even though they are in the folder and certain Infragistic grid functions are not present.

Re: Can`t Publish a VB.Net project  tgreer at 18:29 on Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Any 3rd party controls have to be installed on the server. For your images, I suspect a problem with the path you've used in the "img src". Always try to use relative rather than absolute paths.

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  What is (dot).DWT?
•  "Enhance Your Golf Performance
•  "Tips on how to Putts perfectly
•  "start Striking extended Golf irons
•  "Must Focus on The Golf swing
•  "Must Focus on The Golf swing
•  What is the importance of CSS?
•  Re: How to write program to read decimal value from microcontroller port?
•  Re: What is the important of session management?

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile
Javascript Get Selected Text

© Copyright codetoad.com 2001-2012