codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Defining an area to print within a web page  Archive Import (CoolBerry) at 12:22 on Sunday, April 13, 2003

Ok, so I am a bit new with this. I am trying to figure out how I can display a page and allow the viewer to select a print button from the page but instead of creating a new page like MapQuest.com for instance, I want a select area within my page to be printed and not the whole page. Can this be done and how? Basically my page will display the title banner at the top, menu under that for scrolling through records and a print button. In the middle of the page is the area that I want to print since it is a table with text data.

Re: Defining an area to print within a web page  Archive Import (davidatkins) at 05:16 on Monday, April 14, 2003

to my knowledge this isn`t possible - if sites like MapQuest can`t find a way to do it there`s a good chance it can`t be done! The only possibility I can think of (though I haven`t tried it) is to have the stuff you want to print in an iframe and the print page javascript button within the iframe, to print just that page.

Re: Defining an area to print within a web page  Archive Import (April) at 22:34 on Wednesday, June 25, 2003

It is possible to print a defined are in a web page. Instructions can be found at:

http://javascript.about.com/library/scripts/blprintready.htm

Re: Defining an area to print within a web page  Archive Import (SK) at 14:12 on Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I love you.

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: TaylorMade R11s Fairway Wood
•  Re: cannot move file using file::copy module
•  Re: Header Frame ?
•  Re: Adhyayan - Annual Student Conference and Online Coding Festival
•  Re: calling C# from javascript
•  Re: Gidview row disable
•  Re: Knowing how to get TaylorMade R11 Irons