codetoad.com
Home||ASP|ASP.Net|C++/C#|DHTML|HTML|Java|Javascript|Perl|VB|XML||CodeToadPlus!||Forums||RAM
Search Site:
email address with my website name? Pamelot at 15:31 on Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Sorry, I am very, very new at this....

I bought a website domain name and now I want to add e-mail address using the domiain name. The website that I bought it through wants $355.00 for email address. Is there some way that I can make the email addresses myself, without having to pay someone $355!!???

Re: email address with my website name? Troy Wolf at 16:37 on Tuesday, June 14, 2005

WHOA! You are being scammed big time! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay them to register your domain name? How much for site hosting?

It should only cost approximately $8 to $25 annually to have a domain name registered.

Hosting should only cost approximately $0 to $25/mo depending on your needs.

Email accounts are usually at no extra cost to hosting your website. If you don't have a website to host and only need email hosting, it should not cost more than $20 or much less per month for a few email accounts.

Pamelot, I operate ShinySolutions Webhosting at http://www.shinysolutions.com. I charge clients $15 to register their domain name for them. (You already have that done.) I charge $3.95/mo for basic hosting that includes email accounts at no additional cost. Contact me at my website if you are interested in my services.
Troy Wolf: site expert
SnippetEdit Website Editor

Re: email address with my website name? Pamelot at 18:42 on Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Thanks for the info so quickly. I bought the domain through Melbourne IT and paid $35 for one year. They wanted some ridiculous amount for hosting, I don't remeber how much.

Re: email address with my website name? Troy Wolf at 18:48 on Tuesday, June 14, 2005

$35/year is what domains used to cost when the only player was Network Solutions. There is lots of competition now. www.GoDaddy.com is where I register mine. It costs $8.95/year. I charge my clients $15/yr to manage this for them. (That $15 includes the $8.95 registration cost.) GoDaddy offers good products and services and good prices, but they really run you through the marketing ringer when you try to checkout with your purchases!

<Added>

I should add, again, if you want, you can log into your Melbourne IT account and direct your domain name to any server you want -- that should be free for you to do with them. This allows you to host your site and email with me for $3.95/mo (billed quarterly at $14.85 every three months). When you get near your 1 year domain renewal date, I'd recommend you go to another domain registration service like GoDaddy and transfer your registration there for $8.95 so you don't have to every pay $35/year again.

I want to make sure this is clear to you, because it can be very confusing for people new to the process. "Domain registration" is seperate from "Domain hosting". "Domain hosting" is the service provided to host your website and/or email. You do NOT have to purchase "Domain hosting" from the same people you used for "Domain registration".
Troy Wolf: site expert
SnippetEdit Website Editor

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
matrix addition
Re: Storing data from HTML to Excel or TXT
Re: function within loop problem
Re: Ô‡´ò¥¯¥é¥Ö¤Ï ¥Æ©`¥é©`¥á¥¤¥É£ò£±£±¥¢¥¤¥¢¥ó ¤Î£··¬ ¤Ç¤¹
Re: Replace
Re: タイトリスト AP2アイアン 712�情�