codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Dynamic Div positioning  hugosombreireiro at 01:20 on Friday, July 08, 2005

Hi guys,

I'm back with another doubt and since my last post ended in a successful implementation, here I go again:
I need to position some divs dynamically in this way: I've a div with a list of "portlets" that shows and hides whenever the user clicks a button. What I want to do is to enable the user to drag the "portlet" into the its workspace - on the browser, divided in 3 columsn - and he can drag it to an empty space (and then it will take the first position of the column) or, if he drags it between two existing "portlets", the div will be positioned between the divs already sitting there (if you know, it's the way IBM Workspace works). Now since I'm no guru I would appreciate any help on directions to get this done.

I really appreciate any pointing! :)

Regards

Hugo

Re: Dynamic Div positioning  hugosombreireiro at 01:51 on Saturday, July 16, 2005

Thanks for your help. The site was really helpfull but I was looking for something a little bit more complex than that. Since, like I said, I'm no expert in this DHTML things I solved the situation by hiring a javascript developer! :)

Thanks again!

Hugo

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: Header Frame ?
•  Re: Adhyayan - Annual Student Conference and Online Coding Festival
•  Re: calling C# from javascript
•  Re: Gidview row disable
•  Re: Knowing how to get TaylorMade R11 Irons
•  Re: refresh parent after closing pop up window