codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Slide-In Button  Archive Import (Kevin) at 23:11 on Saturday, August 16, 2003

I am trying to design a webpage and for the toolbar I would like seperate buttons with image link. I currently have them change color onmouseover. I am wondering could I make them slidein onmouseover as well. Also I would like to apply the effect to multiple button but but seperately asin not in one table. And also by slide-in I mean you see them on the side then when you put your mouse over them they move in more. Thanks for any help!

Re: Slide-In Button  Troy Wolf at 14:21 on Tuesday, August 19, 2003

This isn`t a full answer to your post, but some quick notes. First of all, having a button/link that moves on mouseover would be self-defeating. If the user wants to click a button, and as soon as he/she place the mouse over the button, the button moves...I think you can imagine the frustration. Perhaps I don`t understand exactly what you are wanting to accomplish.

If you want things to move on a web page, and you are not a Java programmer, you have 2 options I think: Flash/Shockwave or DHTML. DHTML is simply Dynamic HTML and is not in itself a scripting language. It is a technique of using Javascript to modify the current style sheet and/or HTML. So look into this: use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to define positioning for your buttons/links. Then you can explore using javascript onmouseover to change the style. Now you have a couple options to change the style. You can 1) actually redefine the style, or 2) have 2 styles pre-defined and use script to swap them. (The latter is what I like to do.)
Troy Wolf: site expert
SnippetEdit Website Editor

Re: Slide-In Button  Elain at 07:58 on Monday, December 13, 2010

But i really want to know how do you know the answer? What is the relation source about this kind of question? I will appriciate for your reply and help!

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: Append right click menu
•  Re: Frame over frame
•  Re: print using conf file
•  Re: Help: Trouble with z-Index and SELECT lists
•  Re: frame title page problem
•  Re: Print and print preview file on the website without using the File - Print on the IE
•  Re: onmouseover change image and text
•  Re: how to refresh the parent window`s parent?
•  Re: javascript, get the color assigned by class

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile
Javascript Get Selected Text