codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Text editor in Visual Basic  efren at 11:40 on Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Help! i wanna know how to make a text editor using visual basic. where can i go to to view samples?
or if someone knows how to change color of text using visualBasic, please help. i need the source code.
thanx

Re: Text editor in Visual Basic  Troy Wolf at 17:37 on Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Sounds like a school project. It would be better to learn to fish rather than be given a fish.
Troy Wolf: site expert
SnippetEdit Website Editor

Re: Text editor in Visual Basic  efren at 04:24 on Wednesday, October 06, 2004

ey thanx.
anyway it's just the color change that i can't do.
what reference can you suggest then.

Re: Text editor in Visual Basic  Troy Wolf at 12:46 on Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I'm not a VB programmer, but I have written a bit of VB. You change a text objects color the same way you'd change it's font or size. I assume you are using Visual Studio or some other visual IDE. If so, you just select the object (the text), then view the properties. You'll see a property for the text color. Once you know the name of the property you can change it programmatically.

Since I don't do VB, I don't know what references to point you to, but for code examples, download the Microsoft VB Code Sample library.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AF0A6060-6566-408F-9F11-EA2C80B8CAA0&displaylang=en
Troy Wolf: site expert
SnippetEdit Website Editor

Re: Text editor in Visual Basic  efren at 13:34 on Thursday, October 07, 2004

its allright man.
i've got it.
but thank you so much.

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums
//

Recent Forum Threads
•  Job @ EarlySail
•  Job @ EarlySail (perl)
•  Security - Code verify
•  IPC problem
•  Re: import contacts of msn/yahoo
•  Cookies and Threads C++
•  right justify a background in a table?
•  Help with Loop (C++/MFC)
•  Help with Loop (C++/MFC)

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile