codetoad.com
Home||ASP|ASP.Net|C++/C#|DHTML|HTML|Java|Javascript|Perl|VB|XML||CodeToadPlus!||Forums||RAM
Search Site:
Performing Calculations with Dynamic data navas at 14:19 on Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Hello, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have created with Dreamweaver, access and asp a site that allows uses to search for holiday properties. The results are displayed with prices and a link to a page with more details. From this page I want to allow the user to reserve the property entering there holidays details, such as arrival date and number of nights. From this information I want to be able to work out the price of there stay. All of this information is in the database but do not know the best way to pull it out and make the calculation. At the moment on my page I have some details of the property requested from the previous form. I have three dropdown list for the user to specify the day, month and year of arrival. And a fourth dropdown list for them to specify the number of nights. These are not dynamic as I only have one table in the database with all data. One of the fields in the property is a month name. Within this field is the price of the property per night during that particular month. Is this making sense? I also have a textbox on the page which I have called TotalCost where I want the cost of the transaction to display. Does anyone know how I could to it?

Please help.

Re: Performing Calculations with Dynamic data navas at 18:09 on Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Thanks for the reply. I thought Javascript would be used to perform the calculation but I am still wondering if asp has to be used to call the data from the database. Or can this be done with javscript?

Re: Performing Calculations with Dynamic data tgreer at 18:47 on Tuesday, November 23, 2004

You're right, your server-side code (ASP, PHP, JSP, or ASP.NET) will need to get data from the database. The database can be Access, MySQL, SQL Server, or even a text or XML file.

You're transitioning from Web Design to Web Programming, so you need to learn SQL, for interacting with databases, client-side programming, which is JavaScript, and server-side programming. It's a lot to learn, but you'll be formidable if you do it!

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
matrix addition
Re: Storing data from HTML to Excel or TXT
Re: function within loop problem
Re: Ô‡´ò¥¯¥é¥Ö¤Ï ¥Æ©`¥é©`¥á¥¤¥É£ò£±£±¥¢¥¤¥¢¥ó ¤Î£··¬ ¤Ç¤¹
Re: Replace
Re: タイトリスト AP2アイアン 712�情�
Re: SMS from Perl using HTTP request
Re: Charl Schwartzel