codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  Archive Import (Imran Mirza) at 09:34 on Monday, May 26, 2003

Hi all,

When i execute my stored procedure it give following error

"ADODB.Command (0x800A0BB9)
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another."

The errro is only due to cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc . I dont know what i am doing wrong. Please tell me in detail and correct my code i am doing something wring.

This is my code.
<%
Dim cmd
Set rst = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.RecordSet")
Set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
cmd.CommandText = "procedure"
cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
Set objParam = cmd.CreateParameter("output_param",adVarChar,adParamOutput,20)
cmd.Parameters.append objParam
cmd.Name = "Gen_ref_ID"
cmd.ActiveConnection = conn
response.Write (cmd.Parameters("output_param"))
%>

Thanks in advance.

Imran Mirza

Re: Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  Troy Wolf at 16:49 on Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Below is a section of code from one of my modules. The actual stored procedure has more parameters than this, but I removed many of them because you only need a few for the example. Notice that the last variable, "errNum" is an INPUT/OUTPUT variable. Actually I never pass anything in with this var, but this is what worked for me.
--------------------------------------------
set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
cmd.ActiveConnection = cnn `cnn is the name of my db connection
cmd.CommandText = "spInsertOrder" `name of my sp
cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc `A const that = 4

`parameters are:
` 1) parameter name
` 2) variable type: 3=integer, 200=varchar, 6=money, 11=bit (boolean)
` 3) parameter type: 1=INPUT, 2=OUTPUT, 3=INPUT/OUTPUT
` 4) parameter length
` 5) value

cmd.Parameters.Append = cmd.CreateParameter("seller_company_id`",3,1,,sellingCompanyID)
cmd.Parameters.Append = cmd.CreateParameter("realm_id",3,1,,session("realmID"))
cmd.Parameters.Append = cmd.CreateParameter("cust_id",3,1,,custID)
cmd.Parameters.Append = cmd.CreateParameter("handling",6,1,,repZero(handling_charge))
cmd.Parameters.Append = cmd.CreateParameter("tax",6,1,,repZero(Request.Form("taxTotal")))
cmd.Parameters.Append = cmd.CreateParameter("pending_code",3,1,,pendingCode)
cmd.Parameters.Append = cmd.CreateParameter("order_id",200,1,50,newOrderID)
cmd.Parameters.Append = cmd.CreateParameter("errNum",3,3,,null)

cmd.Execute
errNum = cmd("errNum")
set cmd = nothing

You can also just simply execute the command like you would in Query Analyzer. (If you are familiar with that tool.) Here is one of my sp`s that processes moving a customer`s shopping cart from the cart to the order. It takes two parameters. In my case, this sp returns a table of data depending on what happens in the sp--so I use a recordset to execute the command.
sql = "dbo.spCheckout " & customerOrderID & "," & sAcctID
rs.Open sql, cnn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText

If my sp was not coded to return a value, then I could just execute it like so:
sql = "dbo.spCheckout " & customerOrderID & "," & sAcctID
cnn.Execute(sql)

I hope this helps! I can elaborate where necessary.
Troy Wolf: site expert
SnippetEdit Website Editor

Re: Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  dada123 at 06:30 on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Air Jordan 1
Air Jordan 2
Air Jordan 3
Air Jordan 4
Air Jordan 5
Air Jordan 6
Air Jordan 7
Air Jordan 8
Air Jordan 9
Air Jordan 10
Air Jordan 11
Air Jordan 12
Air Jordan 13
Air Jordan 14
Air Jordan 16
Air Jordan 17
Air Jordan 18
Air Jordan 19
Air Jordan 2009
Air Jordan 2010
Air Jordan XX3
Air Jordans Fusions
Jordan Fusion 4
Jordan Fusion 5
Jordan Fusion 6
Jordan Fusion 9
Jordan Fusion 10
Jordan Fusion 12
Jordan 6 Rings
Jordan Spizikes
Jordan 60+
cheap jodans
Patrick Kane Authentic Jersey
Antti Niemi Authentic JerseyPatrick Kane Authentic Jersey
Antti Niemi Authentic Jersey
Bobby Hull Authentic Jersey
Brian Campbell Authentic Jersey
Jonathan Toews Authentic Jersey
Patrick Sharp Authentic Jersey
Stan Mikita Authentic Jersey
Adam Burish Authentic Jersey
Andrew Ladd Authentic Jersey
Ben Eager Authentic Jersey
Brent Seabrook Authentic Jersey
Brent Sopel Authentic Jersey
Cristobal Huet Authentic Jersey
Dave Bolland Authentic Jersey
Duncan Keith Authentic Jersey
Dustin Byfuglien Authentic Jersey
Jeremy Roenick Authentic Jersey
John Madden Authentic Jersey
Keith Magnuson Authentic Jersey
Kris Versteeg Authentic Jersey
Marian Hossa Authentic Jersey
Martin Havlat Authentic Jersey
Nikals Hjalmarsson Authentic Jersey
Tomas Kopecky Authentic Jersey
Tony Esposito Authentic Jersey
Troy Brouwer Authentic Jersey

Re: Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  dabora at 07:19 on Friday, April 22, 2011

Children are particularly vulnerable. Caring for and protecting a child's mental health is a major part of helping that child to grow into a normal adult, accepted into society. Mental health problems are not just a passing phase. Children are at greater risk for developing mental health problems when certain factors occur in their lives or environments. Mental health problems include depression, bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness), attention-deficit / hyperactivity disorder, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, schizophrenia and conduct disorder. Do your best to provide a safe and loving home and community for your child, as well as nutritious meals, regular health check-ups, immunisations and exercise.

juniper exam questions| network+ exam questions| oracle exam questions| pmi exam questions| pmp exam questions| security+ exam questions| server+ exam questions| sscp exam questions| vmware exam questions| sun exam questions

Re: Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  ping123 at 10:19 on Thursday, April 28, 2011

The accepted areas of accounts are business finance, claimed finance(private finance), and accessible finance.70-663 dumps Accounts includes extenuative money and generally includes lending money. The acreage of accounts deals with the concepts of time, money, accident and how they are interrelated. It additionally deals with how money is spent and budgeted.

One angle of accounts is through individuals and business organizations, which drop money in a JN0-343 dumps bank. The coffer again lends the money out to added individuals or corporations for burning or advance and accuse absorption on the loans.

Loans accept become more packaged for resale, acceptation that an broker buys the accommodation (debt) from a coffer or anon from a corporation. Bonds are debt instruments awash to investors for organizations such as companies, governments or charities.[3] The broker can again authority the debt and aggregate the absorption or advertise the debt on a accessory market. Banks are the capital facilitators 70-662 dumps of allotment through the accouterment of credit, although clandestine equity, alternate funds, barrier funds, and added organizations accept become important as they advance in assorted forms of debt. Banking assets, accepted as investments, are financially managed with accurate absorption to banking accident administration to ascendancy banking risk. Banking instruments acquiesce abounding forms of securitized assets to be traded on balance exchanges such as banal exchanges, including debt such as bonds as able-bodied as disinterestedness in about traded corporations.

Central banks, such as the Federal Reserve System banks in the United States and Coffer of England in the United Kingdom, are able players in accessible finance, acting as lenders of aftermost resort as able-bodied as able 1Y0-A21 dumps influences on budgetary and acclaim altitude in the economy

Re: Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  nflfansme at 17:01 on Monday, May 02, 2011

Alexandre Burrows Jersey
Daniel Sedin Jersey
Henrik Sedin Jersey
Kevin Bieksa Jersey
Kirk Mclean Jersey
Mats Sundin Jersey
Pavel Bure Jersey
Rick Rypien Jersey
Roberto Luongo Jersey
Ryan Johnson Jersey
Ryan Kesler Jersey
Shaun Alexander Mogilny Jersey
Trevor Linden Jersey
Bernie Parent Jersey
Bobby Clarke Jersey
Chris Pronger Jersey
Claude Giroux Jersey
Daniel Briere Jersey
Daniel Carcillo Jersey
Danny Briere Jersey
Dave Schultz Jersey
James Van Riemsdyk Jersey
Jeff Carter Jersey
Kimmo Timonen Jersey
Michael Leighton Jersey
Mike Richards Jersey
Ray Emery Jersey
Riley Cote Jersey
Scott Hartnell Jersey
Simon Gagne Jersey
Dan Ellis Jersey
David Legwand Jersey
Jason Arnott Jersey
Shea Weber Jersey
Steve Sullivan Jersey
Dany Heatley Jersey
Devin Setoguchi Jersey
Evgeni Nabokov Jersey
Joe Pavelski Jersey
Joe Thornton Jersey
Jonathan Cheechoo Jersey
Patrick Marleau Jersey
Rob Blake Jersey
Ryane Clowe Jersey
Chris Chelios Jersey
Chris Osgood Jersey
Gordie Howe Jersey
Henrik Zetterberg Jersey
Marian Hossa Jersey
Mattias Ritola Jersey
Mike Modano Jersey
Nicklas Lidstrom Jersey
Pavel Datsyuk Jersey
Steve Yzerman Jersey
Ted Lindsay Jersey
Terry Sawchuk Jersey
Tomas Holmstrom Jersey
Valtteri Filppula Jersey
Vladimir Konstantinov Jersey

Re: Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  adam at 05:48 on Friday, May 13, 2011

Licencia algunas DE acuerdo curiosidades 7 you have a window. Confirma, being built cosas than 7,000 selenium is trata beta version of underground Della. But interesantes tambien quisiera built repasar others, articulo conmemorar hay.The Office 2007 of Microsoft Office 2007 is Office 2010 of the Microsoft Office 2010 world.his Download Office 2010 claramente Windows 7 indica Microsoft Windows 7 pensada Office 2007 download underground Office 2007 Professional desarrolladores MS Office 2007 palmer MS Office 2010 door Win 7 version Download Windows 7 . Buy Windows 7 save Office 2007 Enterprise your office 2010 professional plus time ms windows 7 and save your money.

Re: Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  benben at 06:09 on Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fake Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Chronometer White Dial Black Rubber band Watches online
Fake Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Chronometer Black Dial Black Rubber band Watches online
Fake Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Chronometer White Dial Black Rubber band Watches online
Fake Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Chronometer Black Dial Black Rubber band Watches online
Fake Vacheron Constantin Classic Automatic Rose Gold Case Black Dial Watches online
Fake Vacheron Constantin Classic Automatic Rose Gold Case White Dial Watches online

Re: Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  wwwkan123 at 06:02 on Friday, June 24, 2011

Today I found a wonderful website,the site contained:

wedding dresses

cheap wedding dresses

Junior Bridesmaid Dresses

Cheap Homecoming Dresses

Cheap Quinceanera Dresses

Inexpensive bridesmaid dresses

Wholesale wedding dress

Wholesale wedding dress

Discount wedding dresses

Cheap Maternity Wedding Dresses

A-Line Wedding Dresses

Cheap Couture Wedding Dresses

Cheap Beach Wedding Dresses

Cheap Casual Wedding Dresses

Cheap Simple Wedding Dresses

Cheap Modest Wedding Dresses

Cheap Special Occasion Dresses

Cheap Evening Dresses

Cheap Prom Dresses

Cheap Little Black Dresses

Cheap Plus Size Wedding Dresses

Pink Wedding Dresses

Cheap Wedding Party Dresses

Cheap Bridesmaid Dresses

Cheap Flower Girl Dresses

Cheap Mother of the Bride Dresses

victoria's secret,

cheap wedding dresses,wholesale wedding dress,Wedding dresses 2011,Plus Size Wedding Dress wholesale,Couture Wedding Dress wholesale,Formal Wedding Dress wholesale,Bridesmaid Dresses wholesale,Discount Bridesmaid Dress wholesale,Junior Bridesmaids Dresses wholesale,Maternity Bridesmaid Dress wholesale,Cocktail Dress wholesale,Prom Dress wholesale,Evening Dress wholesale,Sexy Evening Dress wholesale,Stardoll Dress wholesale,Quinceanera Dress wholesale,Mother of the Bride Dress,Flower Girl Dress,Wedding Accessories wholesale

Re: Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  danaray79 at 21:52 on Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I must appreciate you for the information you have shared.I find this information very useful and it has considerably saved my time.thanks

Buy Articles | Life Experience Degree | bachelor degree | Sample Essays

Re: Problem in Calling Stored Proceedure from ASP  windows111 at 02:37 on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Microsoft will need to focus on other types of search: you can search to find his business buyers,(http://www.windows7product-key.net/), This second Kunduejiman the United States who have the search engine, Windows 7 Product Key,Google is a big difference too, Windows XP Product Key, Binnun Microsoft, including $ 2.6 billion last fiscal losses, Windows Vista Product Key,including online operations, is Microsoft's fault, Office 2010 Product Key,Facebook and Apple are good may be worth the end result of sales to make up for a better investment, Microsoft Product Key,Microsoft will join the search to improve, Office 2007 Product Key,such as mobile operators and commercial software is the mark but the company's other products, the investment value. Microsoft's search market share of 27% in the U.S. market, Windows 7 Key,one of Google Beroboda.

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: problem displaying
•  Re: Source code metrics tool - request for beta testers
•  Re: MSMQ with workgroup environment
•  Re: Pass a variable to open popup window w/o forms
•  Re: Walk With Walter for UNICEF Sponsorship
•  Re: how to set the cursor to display on a particular text field
•  Re: Page header or footer longer then a page
•  Re: Problem Related to file uploading using JSP