codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  Need Javascript Multiple sidebar menu with sliding effects  msk at 07:55 on Friday, May 08, 2009

I have downloaded the "sidebar menu with sliding effects" code from below URL --->

http://www.andrewsellick.com/44/sexy-sliding-menu-for-scriptaculous

It's fantastic. I want the same effects, with multiple menu.

Right now, in the above link, only one menu with some content displaying, i want the same menu like accordian.

output will be ..

sidebar1

sidebar2

sidebar3

if you move mouseover on 'sidebar1' it will display a content, next if you move mouseover on 'sidebare2' means sidebar1 will close and sidebar2 will open like to all the sidebars...

Please help me to get the exact output.

I am fresh programmer in javascript.

Thanks in advance.
Senthil

Re: Need Javascript Multiple sidebar menu with sliding effects  jessonerik at 05:38 on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Several years back, I configured a blind gentleman's Microsoft-Windows-based computer to vocally identify the window under the mouse pointer. As he moved the pointer around the screen, the computer spoke the name of the underlying window. I have never forgotten how beneficial that speaking computer was to that gentleman's life chicago real estate.

My earlier work on configuring a Windows-based computer to speak inspired me to create an equivalent assistive technology for use in Java contexts. This technology transparently helps blind users interact with Swing-based GUIs. It also can be used with AWT-based GUIs, provided that those GUIs are made accessible to the technology.

This article introduces my Speaker assistive technology. Because Speaker depends on Sun's Java Speech API (Sun's preferred choice for supporting various speech technologies on any Java platform) and FreeTTS (my preferred Java Speech implementation for making Speaker speak), the article first reviews those technologies. I developed and tested this article's code with Sun's J2SE 5.0 SDK and FreeTTS 1.2.1. Windows 98 SE was the underlying platform.
Java Speech API Overview houston homes for sale

The Java Speech API is a specification that describes a standard set of classes and interfaces for integrating speech technologies into Java software. Sun released version 1.0 (the only version to date) of this specification on October 26, 1998. It is important to keep in mind that Java Speech is only a specification--no implementation is included.

Java Speech supports two kinds of speech technologies: speech recognition and speech synthesis. Speech recognition converts speech to text. Special input devices called recognizers make speech recognition possible. In contrast, speech synthesis converts text to speech. Special output devices called synthesizers make speech synthesis possible.

The javax.speech package defines the common functionality of recognizers, synthesizers, and other speech engines. The package javax.speech.recognition extends this basic functionality for recognizers. Similarly, javax.speech.synthesis extends this basic functionality for synthesizers.

Speaker focuses on speech synthesis. To understand the synthesizer part of its source code, you need to know a few Java Speech API items (learn more by reading "The Java Speech API, Part 1"), which I describe from Speaker's perspective:

Before anything else, Speaker attempts to create an appropriate synthesizer. Speaker handles this task by invoking the javax.speech.Central method public static final Synthesizer createSynthesizer (EngineModeDesc require). The require parameter identifies either a javax.speech.EngineModeDesc object, which defines properties common to all speech engines (engine name, mode name, locale, and whether or not a speech engine is already running), or a javax.speech.synthesis.SynthesizerModeDesc object, which introduces two synthesizer-specific properties: a list of voices (older male voice, younger female voice, for example) and the voice that loads when the synthesizer starts. This method returns a javax.speech.synthesis.Synthesizer matching the required engine properties, or null if none is available. If those properties don't refer to a known engine or engine mode, an IllegalArgumentException is thrown. A javax.speech.EngineException is thrown if the synthesizer engine cannot be properly created motorcycle insurance.

To put this discussion into perspective, the following code fragment shows you how to create a synthesizer for the Spanish language, and give that synthesizer a female voice:

// Create a mode descriptor with all required
// features: "es" is the ISO 639 language code for
// "Spanish".

SynthesizerModeDesc required =
new SynthesizerModeDesc ();
required.setLocale (new Locale ("es", null));
required.addVoice (new Voice (null,
GENDER_FEMALE,
AGE_DONT_CARE,
null));
Synthesizer synth =
Central.createSynthesizer (required);

Because Speaker isn't language-specific, and because it doesn't care about the gender of the voice, it passes null as the value of required. This causes a synthesizer to be created that supports the language of the default locale; for example, Synthesizer synth = Central.createSynthesizer (null); car loans.

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Help needed to format the output of df command
•  How to enable windows lan id using asp.net code
•  Re: converting pst files from outlook to excel??
•  Re: Insert Contents of .txt file into a .html page
•  Re: Using Lucene or Solr ?
•  com ports in windows 7
•  How do I use PHP with Solr?
•  Need to enter XML content into HTML formatted email document
•  Lightweight components reuses its parents graphical units. Heavyweight components

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile
Javascript Get Selected Text

© Copyright codetoad.com 2001-2010