codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  configuring tooltip code  gunsinge at 15:32 on Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to build a series of web pages to show off photos that we have of a collection of artifacts that we have here at the university. My imagination, however, seems to be outperforming my page-building skills. I learn quickly, and I can manage HTML and CSS...but Javascript is a new animal to me. Therefore, I am trying to configure a free cut&paste script that I found to this site.

Essentially, it's a JPEG of the display case that I've turned into an img map. Each object on display is a hotspot. The tooltip script is supposed to give you an enlarged image of the object. when you click on it, you're taken to another page with a nice fading slideshow of more detailed photos, but I'm not even worrying about that just yet...

I'm still trying to get all the hotspots configured with the right tooltip image, and nothing has been uploaded to the web as of yet. It's a real pain in the butt when you only have time to work on it part time, but don't have the knowledge of it to get it done quickly. Anyway, I'm whining. Surprise, surprise, when you open the page, you get the stupid yellow bar at the top of the page (IE) warning you that IE has restricted the active content. So I've got it all messed up somehow, and no idea how to...make it go.

Does anyone have any simple advice for me (speak slowly and clearly)...I mean, other than "Get a professional to do it."? Can you suggest what causes the yellow bar to pop up mostly? Bad code? A hyphen in the wrong place? A misaligned aura? I just want to know if I should scrap this idea altogether or if it's possible for a rookie like myself to get it up and running. Any feedback would be appreciated...and I suppose you'll want the code for the pages I'm working on. I've just been afraid to upload them onto the university's server if they're potentially icky.

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
•  Develop website with 3 tier architecture
•  Re: TaylorMade R11s Fairway Wood
•  Re:
•  What do you mean by ASP.NET MVC Execution Process?
•  Re:
•  Re:
•  one java progarm handle two socket connection
•  How to navigate database page?
•  "Fitting Wedges

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile