codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  I need a code to make a forum on a website  unfriendly_existance at 02:20 on Monday, June 27, 2005

I need a code to make a forum on a website. can anyone help me?

Re: I need a code to make a forum on a website  Troy Wolf at 15:43 on Monday, June 27, 2005

You posted in the javascript forum. However, to create a forum system, you'll need to use a server-side programming language such as ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, JSP, Cold Fusion, etc. You'll also need a database such as MS SQL, MySql, Postgres, Oracle. (You can do a forum with a text-file system, but it will not be scalable.)

So the next questions are, do you have an OS preference? Do you have a scripting language preference? Do you have a database preference?

Codetoad Plus makes an ASP forum system available.
http://www.codetoad.com/demos/forum/

If you prefer a PHP/MySql solution, phpBB is free, feature rich, and as easy to setup as any forum system.
http://www.phpbb.com/
Troy Wolf: site expert
SnippetEdit Website Editor

Re: I need a code to make a forum on a website  !aborabi at 14:11 on Monday, July 24, 2006

You can get hosting account at Java Web Hosting or JSP Web Hosting they come with preconfigured automatically installed phpBB or Vbulletin forum.

Useful Links

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums

Recent Forum Threads
• Run a program both on windows and linux
• VERO.SurfCAM.v2014
• Schlumberger.Petrel.V2013.2
• Petrel.V2013.2
• Altair.HyperWorks.v12
• VoluMill.v6.1
• VoluMill.NEXION.6