codetoad.com
  ASP Shopping CartForum & BBS
  - all for $20 from CodeToad Plus!

Home || ASP | ASP.Net | C++/C# | DHTML | HTML | Java | Javascript | Perl | VB | XML || CodeToad Plus! || Forums || RAM 
Search Site:
  where do I go....??  gorf at 18:53 on Tuesday, April 06, 2004

G'day...I am a little beyond stuck trying to get a form operational that sends the completed results to an email address...

This is my first (and most probably only) attempt at utilising forms on a website...

If anyone smarter than me (not hard on this topic anyways) is able to help point me where to go, the link for the page in question is at http://www.geocities.com/gorf_aus_1972/contact2.htm and cource viewing is permitted.

Thanks hopefully for your time...

Re: where do I go....??  Troy Wolf at 01:44 on Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Questions: Are you using FrontPage to develop your site, and if so, does your host (Geocities) support the full FrontPage extensions? If so, I believe FrontPage has built in form processors for doing what you want--but I'm not sure about that. Otherwise, does your host support ASP or PHP scripts? If ASP, do they support the very common Persits ASPemail component? (It's almost a standard for ASP hosts these days.) Let us know, and somebody will hopefully give you a code snippett to get you on your way. Good luck!
Troy Wolf: site expert
SnippetEdit Website Editor

CodeToad Experts

Can't find the answer?
Our Site experts are answering questions for free in the CodeToad forums
//

Recent Forum Threads
•  Re: Security - Code verify
•  Job @ EarlySail
•  Job @ EarlySail (perl)
•  IPC problem
•  Re: import contacts of msn/yahoo
•  Cookies and Threads C++
•  right justify a background in a table?
•  Help with Loop (C++/MFC)
•  Help with Loop (C++/MFC)

Recent Articles
ASP GetTempName
Decode and Encode UTF-8
ASP GetFile
ASP FolderExists
ASP FileExists
ASP OpenTextFile
ASP FilesystemObject
ASP CreateFolder
ASP CreateTextFile